Thanks to the universal compatibility with any DVS DJ software, Phase could be seamlessly integrated into your Virtual DJ setup. Today, we're gonna show you exactly how to do so with a DVS mixer!
Before getting into the explanation, let's talk about the basic requirements for using Phase no matter the DJ software:
Also, make sure that your mixer has the DVS mode enabled with your DJ software!
If your current setup has all three above, let’s get started!
Set up Phase with Virtual DJ and any DVS mixer
To illustrate the process, we'll be using a Reloop Elite Mixer as an example, but any DVS mixer compatible with Virtual DJ can be set up in the same way!
Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Connect your Phase to a power supply (5V) using a USB cable.
- Set your mixer source selector to "USB" to enable DVS control for the channel you're using, and plug it into your laptop.
- Connect the Phase Receiver via RCA to the "Line" inputs of your mixer.
- Go to Virtual DJ audio settings and make sure that the inputs connected to your Phase are properly set on "Line" and that your mixer is selected as the main audio interface.
- Make sure to select the “Virtual DJ” DVS signal in the Phase Manager "Setup" tab.
- Now, place your Phase Magnetic Stickers and then your Remotes on top of the records, and wait a few seconds for the calibration to complete before you start spinning.
After these steps, your setup should look like this:
NOTE: We invite you to check the Virtual DJ website to know exactly how to set up your audio interface for DVS control.
We hope this article has helped you set up Phase with Virtual DJ quickly and easily.
And if anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you still have any questions. 😉
For more information or to discover and shop Phase, visit our website.