If you ever had doubts or questions about whether it’s challenging to set up Phase with Serato DJ Pro, we got you covered! Today, we're diving into how you can connect your Phase DJ controller with Serato DJ Pro in all the ways possible.
And yes, it’s very easy to do so!
In this article, we will explore two methods:
👉 HID mode
👉 RCA connection
But, before getting into the explanation, let's talk about the basic requirements for using Phase no matter the DJ software:
Note that you'll need to use an interface that enables DVS Serato license.
Now that we can tick all the equipment above, let’s get into the nitty-gritty!
Setting Up Phase DJ Controller with Serato DJ Pro via HID Mode
We’ve teamed up with Serato to elevate your Phase experience to the next level. From now on, Phase can be used without the need for RCA cables and connected directly to your laptop via USB, communicating with Serato DJ Pro. Click here if you wanna learn more about the integration.
To illustrate the process, we'll be using a Pioneer DJM-S9 Mixer as an example, but any DVS mixer compatible with Serato DJ Pro can be set up in the same way!
To access the HID integration, make sure your Phase DJ is up-to-date to v.7 and above (see in the Phase Manager settings), and your Serato DJ Pro is version 2.5 or newer.
- Open Serato DJ Pro on your computer and connect your DVS interface.
- Connect your Phase Receiver to your laptop via USB.
- In Serato DJ Pro, set the deck control to "WIR," which is the dedicated HID control mode for Phase.
- Now, place Phase Magnetic Stickers and then your Remotes on top of your records and wait a few seconds for the calibration process to complete before you start spinning.
After all the steps, your setup should be looking like this:
You can use Phase with various setups like a DVS mixer, or a DVS sound card with an analog mixer. For more details on these setups, check out our dedicated page.
Setting Up Phase DJ Controller with Serato DJ Pro Using RCA Connection
In the same way as with other DJ software, you can also seamlessly use Phase with Serato DJ Pro, using RCA cables. Here's how:
- Connect your Phase to a power supply (5V) using a USB cable.
- Plug your RCA cables from the Phase Receiver into the DVS interface's Line inputs.
- Check that your DVS interface's input switches are set to Line/CD (if applicable).
- Connect your DVS interface to your laptop via USB, just like you would for any DVS setup.
- In Serato DJ Pro, ensure that the virtual decks are set to "REL" mode
- Place Phase Magnetic stickers and then your Remotes on top of your records and allow a few seconds for calibration before you start mixing.
After following all the steps, your setup should look just like this:
Quick note: For some mixers like the Pioneer DJM-S11 or the Reloop Elite, Serato may need to be configured in "CDJ" mode in the settings tab "Audio."
We hope this article has helped you in setting up Phase with Serato DJ Pro.
Now you can unleash your creativity and elevate your DJing experience!
If you want to learn more about the compatibility of your setup, don’t hesitate to check out all the possible combinations to setup Phase here.
For more information or to discover and shop Phase, visit our website.
Happy DJing with Phase!