With the latest DVS integration, djay pro AI can now be seamlessly set up with Phase, allowing you to rock it with your iPhone or an iPad!
Today, we'll guide you through the process of setting up Phase with any DVS mixer using RCA cables. 😉
djay supports various DVS interfaces, and many popular DVS mixers are pre-mapped for Plug'n'Play use with djay. For a list of pre-mapped DVS mixers, please visit their official website.
Before getting into the explanation, let's talk about the basic requirements for using Phase no matter the DJ software:
Also, make sure that your mixer has the DVS mode enabled with your DJ software!
If your current setup has all three above, let’s get started!
Set Up Phase with any DVS Mixer and djay Pro AI
Make sure you have the required adapter based on the device you're using:
- iPad or Mac with USB-C port: USB-C to USB Adapter
- iPad or iPhone with Lightning port: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Now, let's proceed with the step-by-step instructions:
- Connect your DVS mixer to your mobile device using the appropriate adapter.
- Set the deck mode on your DVS mixer to "USB" to enable DVS mode.
- Connect your Phase to a power supply (5V) using a USB cable.
- Plug the Phase Receiver into the "Line" inputs of your mixer or DVS sound card via RCA cables.
- In the Phase Manager Setup tab, set the Phase DVS signal to “Custom” at 1000hz.
- Open the djay app, enable DVS in the settings, and set the decks' mode to "Relative".
- Now, place your Phase Magnetic Stickers and then the Remotes on top of your records, and wait a few seconds for the calibration to complete before you start spinning.
After all the steps, your setup should be looking like this:
And that’s it! You’re now ready to rock with Phase.
We hope this quick and easy guide has helped you set up Phase with djay Pro AI and any DVS mixer without any hassle. And if anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you still have any questions. 😉
For more information or to discover and shop Phase, visit our website.